Renting A Property
Thank you for your interest in renting a property with J Properties! We are proud to offer high quality rental properties from Colorado Springs to Denver and some surrounding areas. Our expert staff can assist you with finding the ideal location for your rental property needs.
Renting A Property With J Properties is Simple
- Take time to review the available property and decide if the location and house features (# of beds/baths) fit your desired criteria.
- Second, review our Qualifying Guidelines below to become familiar with our requirements for qualifying for one of our rental properties.
- Next, tour the areas where the properties are located, and ensure that the rental property suits your needs. You may also wish to research schools, shopping, and proximity to entertainment options for the property. You may be living in this property for a couple years, so this is an important part of the process.
- Finally, schedule a showing with our team.
- Rent will be pro-rated for the month you move in. If you move in after the 20th, the following month’s rent will also be due.
Every adult who will be residing in the property will be required to provide the following information for the application process:
- A completed Zillow application form – per adult.
- Proof of income; such as three months of pay stubs, three months of bank statements, or tax documents if self-employed.
- Please visit the listing you wish to apply for on Zillow and click the Apply Now button to start the process.
Qualifying Guidelines For All Properties
Ready to apply for a J Properties rental property?
We have streamlined the process to facilitate providing quality rental properties to qualified applicants as quickly as possible. In order to achieve this, we ask that you submit fully completed applications and provide all of the required documentation and information as accurately as possible.
The process is described below:
- Each person over 18 intending to occupy the property must provide a completed application. Each person will have a credit check, a nationwide eviction search, and a nationwide criminal database performed. Unfortunately, there is no exception to this.
- Each person intending to use their income to qualify must provide the three most recent months of income verification. Paystubs, personal bank statements, and if self-employed, tax returns may be used.
- Each person applying must provide a legible, clear copy of picture I.D.
- Once everything is received for everyone in the party applying we will begin processing the applications in Zillow in the order in which they are received.
- Completed applications will be presented to the owner of the property for final approval.
- Once the lease is signed, which will be sent electronically for execution, applicant will have 24 hours to pay security deposit and secure the property.
- Applicants are required to obtain renter’s insurance and show proof of such prior to the lease commencement date. If documentation is not provided, possession of the property will not be granted until J Properties receives the required documentation.
Qualifications and Income Requirements
- The credit score must be 650 or higher on our credit report to use that applicant’s income to qualify. For multiple tenants living together, we will take the average credit score.
- Security Deposit. A credit score of 600*-649 may be considered but will require 1.5 times* the monthly rent in security.
- Over 650 is 1 times the rent for a security deposit. The security deposit must be paid in order to secure the property.
- Net monthly income must be at least 3 times the rent amount.
- Risk Management fee can be a consideration in lieu of security deposits
- Persons owing money to a previous landlord or someone with an eviction on their record will not be considered.
This is not an inclusive list of criteria but does cover the most commonly applicable criteria.
*Updated as of August 2022